Ready to bring passion into your career?
A global leading skincare and make-up company, Clarins group is the embodiment of a committed family history, with a fierce passion for innovation and spirit of independence. Its raison d’être is "making life more beautiful, passing on a more beautiful planet".
Operating in more than 150 countries, we are now the number one skincare company in Europe* and are accelerating our development on all other continents, particularly in Asia and the Americas.
Because our 8,000 talents are unique, we are committed to promoting diversity in all its forms.
Do you want to help write the next chapter of our story?
We are currently seeking an experienced to join the Clarins team!
Reporting to the Director of Finance and Operations, you will be responsible for all aspects of financial management and the day-to-day finance operations for the ANZ businesses, inclusive of Corporate Accounting, Income Tax, Tax Planning, Transfer Pricing, Financial Reporting, Budget and Forecast Preparation, as well as Development and Compliance of internal control policies and procedures.
You will ensure integrity of the accounting systems and be responsible for financial risk management.
The successful candidate is an individual who is a logical thinker, a problem solver and someone with strong leadership skills.
- Lead and take ownership of overall finance function including reporting, reconciliations and accounting processes for our three entities
- Manage all accounting operations including Billing, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable including the Bank processing and reconciliations
Review accounting procedures and provide recommendations to ensure efficient and effective work done by accounting staff
- Ensure the Company meets the Clarins Group month end reporting requirements for our three entities
- Manage the preparation of the annual Income Tax returns for the three entities, together with other tax requirements
- Continually look to improve accounting processes, systems and documentation
- Manage compliance and the external audit for ANZ, whilst maintaining relationships with banks, external auditors, tax advisors etc
- Prepare year end closing with associated group reporting and audit
- Lead, develop, coach and establish priorities with your team
- Spearheading the implementation of our new ERP (Workday) in 2023
- You have 3 – 5 years direct experience as a Financial Controller or Finance Manager, and overall accounting and finance experience of 10 – 15 years
- You are CA / CPA Qualified (or equivalent)
- You are experienced in managing a finance team including cash/ treasury, taxation topics, AR, AP and GL reporting
- You are a great communicator, embrace teamwork with a positive approach and have a hands-on attitude
- You are ideally experienced in a retail or inventory related industry
- You have Computer and system literacy in ERPs, SAP, MS Excel, and PowerPoint; knowledge of HFM, JDE and Workday is a plus
- You enjoy continuous improvement cultures and streamlining processes
- You have experience with general ledger functions and month-end/ year end close process
- A value led culture that supports and encourages a collaborative and innovative working environment
- Yearly $2,000 product allowance
- Strong focus on individual wellbeing and access to our Employee Assistance Program
- Annual 'Clarins College of Learning' events
- 'Day-cation' initiative - 1 paid day off each quarter separate to your annual leave
- Celebrations, and Sustainability initiatives all year round- driven by our committees
- Employee Values and Anniversary awards, recognising individual performance and tenure
If you have a curious mind, a thirst to go further and the drive to boldly take on new challenges, join us.
At Clarins Group, we believe in making life more beautiful for our employees and our customers. Inclusion and diversity are firmly grounded in our core values, which are part of our DNA. Through our values, we strive to achieve inclusiveness and a culture where everyone has the opportunity to reach their full potential and do their best work. We welcome applications from all backgrounds.