Ready to bring passion into your career?
A global leading skincare and make-up company, Clarins group is the embodiment of a committed family history, with a fierce passion for innovation and spirit of independence. Its raison d’être is "making life more beautiful, passing on a more beautiful planet".
Operating in more than 150 countries, we are now the number one skincare company in Europe* and are accelerating our development on all other continents, particularly in Asia and the Americas.
Because our 8,000 talents are unique, we are committed to promoting diversity in all its forms.
Do you want to help write the next chapter of our story? We are looking for a FP&A Analyst based in Belgium.
- The FP&A Analyst, Benelux is an all-rounded business partner, at the heart of the organization, enabling the Belgian and Dutch operational teams to rigorously focus on adding value to their respective domains of expertise, facilitating sound business decision making.
- Architect of the budget cycle, monitoring tools and financial reporting, the FP&A Analyst, Benelux increases the profile of the finance function within the business helping to get the basics right for each department to sharpen their management reporting and provide insightful information.
What you’ll do:
In a subsidiary in charge of the distribution of 2 brands - Clarins and My Blend - over 3 countries : Belgium, Luxemburg and the Netherlands, challenges are multiple. In terms of client mix, the objective is to grow our brands in a sustainable manner with retailer partnership and strategic direct to consumers (retail & ecommerce) weightage in total business. Benelux is at the heart of innovation with the back office transformation project (new finance and operations tools implemented as the pilot entity in 2022).
Mission 1: FINANCIAL PLANNING AND ANALYSIS – BUDGETING AND STRATEGY
- Process owner of the budget cycle (Budget N+1 and revisions) as well as for the year-long reporting (actuals) in order to provide the General Manager, CFO Benelux and all stakeholders with a proper objective framework and instant performance picture.
- He/She provides guidance, coordination and consolidation on all FP&A matters, allowing for quality variation analysis in a timely fashion with the businesses and regional teams to produce monthly reporting and define necessary corrective actions.
- Forges an independent opinion of the financial statements, allowing for clear cut risk and opportunities assessment, alongside with constructive and innovative financial advice on any business matters.
- Protects the value at any given time allowing to deliver a landing within set budget framework boundaries.
- Assists management in the formulation of its overall strategic direction.
Mission 2: REPORTING EXCELLENCE AND VALUE ADDED TO THE BUSINESS
- Constantly reviews business operations and financial processes, identifies needs to support stakeholders and focuses on strengthening financial intelligence to serve business growth.
- Partners with the Belgian and Dutch teams to gather their insights related to the business performance and proposes improvements in the operational processes to ensure compliance and agility to the organization.
- Ability to simplify esoteric financial information to develop a collective sense of financial responsibilities across departments.
- Rigorously aims at improving work productivity and reporting efficiency.
- Aims at maintaining communication dynamics among stakeholders, finds the right measures and reporting format for the business, in view of empowering collective ownership and management decision-making.
- Support in annual audit for matters in relation to Benelux business activities scope.
Mission 3: GETTING THE BASICS RIGHT – TIME MANAGEMENT & TOOLING
- Enables the timely processing of transactions, ongoing coding education, accruals and expense tracker alignment to produce the closest to reality MTD/YTD P&L upload possible.
- Actively collaborates with Accounting team to ensure entries are correctly booked and comply with the Group analytical classification manual.
- Financial dashboard custodian, ensures about the collective responsibility to maintain constant information feed while improving sustainability, simplicity and accessibility. The dashboard encompasses the following reporting tools among others:
- Net invoicing by franchise, by client and by channel of distribution
- Expense Budget Tracker monitoring
- P&L by channel (e-commerce, retail, domestic) and by activity (skin care / make up) with focus on cost allocation
- ROI analysis (e.g. boutiques opening)
- Customer oriented, result driven, passionate about our brand and challenges, with an entrepreneurial mindset.
- Proactive, agile, committed, and able to work under little or no supervision.
- With strong analytical skills, accurate, detailed-oriented and organized.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in FP&A functions in sizable companies preferably specialized in the beauty, retail or FMCG industry
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Excel
- Good knowledge of ERPs – Workday, HFM (Hyperion), BI (IBM Cognos), M3.
- English fluency
- Close to 70 years of expertise in beauty and spa, with the Clarins and My Blend brands
- Unique products and innovative services
- A commitment to Social & Environmental Responsibility embedded in our raison d'être
- An inclusive work environment
- Development and training opportunities
- Attractive compensation and benefits
If you have a curious mind, a thirst to go further and the drive to boldly take on new challenges, join us.
At Clarins Group, we believe in making life more beautiful for our employees and our customers. Inclusion and diversity are firmly grounded in our core values, which are part of our DNA. Through our values, we strive to achieve inclusiveness and a culture where everyone has the opportunity to reach their full potential and do their best work. We welcome applications from all backgrounds.