Manager – E-Commerce, Asia Pacific
Manager - E-Commerce, Asia Pacific
Ready to bring passion into your career?
A global leading skincare and make-up company, Clarins Group is the embodiment of a committed family history, with a fierce passion for innovation and spirit of independence. Its raison d’être is "making life more beautiful, passing on a more beautiful planet".
Operating in more than 150 countries, we are now the number one skincare company in Europe and are accelerating our development on all other continents, particularly in Asia and the Americas.
Because our 8,000 talents are unique, we are committed to promoting diversity in all its forms.
Do you want to help write the next chapter of our story?
Develop eCommerce strategy & drive business growth:
Develop and implement a sustainable e-Commerce growth strategy for the Asia Pacific Regional to drive online sales and enhance brand visibility & elevate brand premium image.
- Define e-commerce strategy and roadmaps for the region and support markets to develop local eCommerce priorities to achieve their business and marketing objectives
- Supervise regional e-commerce P&L ambitions (both topline and bottom line): accountable for online sales across the region, both on clarins.com, marketplaces or e-retailers.
- Work closely with local market eComm teams, overseeing and analyzing eCommerce performance metrics/KPI, identify trends, miss & opportunities and implement strong & relevant action plans to optimize sales, conversion rate and customer retention.
- Provide leadership and guidance to the country e-Commerce teams in functions
Drive acquisition strategy and media excellence in the region:
Act as an “internal consultant” to drive EC acquisition strategy & media tactical excellence, and lead performance marketing efforts, including SEM, SEO, Social, Display, Video,… to increase online qualitative traffic and conversion rate. Long Term wise, in conjunction with marketing strategy to implement full funnel strategy in the region to improve media efficiency and effectiveness.
- Lead the online acquisition strategy for the region (with focus on paid media including SEM, display, social, video…) to meet business growth ambition with strong consumer journey mindset
- Drive SEO strategy, build regional guideline and drive best practice implementation.
- Lead with local teams in the media agency performance reviews, drive discussions and provide actionable recommendations/insights to constantly improve site traffic, CVR, ROAS and other KPIs.
- Lead the joint business plan (JBP) with Google, Meta APAC teams to pilot innovative media products and scaling best practices on all type of media campaigns.
- Work with regional marketing team to build full funnel strategy and framework.
- Organize trainings to whole eComm community to professionalise the level of expertise.
- Be proactive to open new areas of digital medial placement and act as a digital evangelist to follow up with new technological trends, innovations and ideas
Lead digital data analytics to facilitate the data driven culture & drive media tech projects to fuel business growth:
Guide markets to set up the foundations of eCommerce analytics framework and KPIs, ensure the data integrity, provide ad hoc reporting to help markets to identify the miss and opportunities with recommended action plans. As well as working with global team, CRM team and regional marketing team to drive media & data projects to fuel business growth.
- Ensure the data are well tracked and accurate in digital analytics tools (GA, datastudio…) and closely working with local EC teams/agencies to standardize the framework (naming convention, channel grouping, attribution ….) in order to provide qualitative benchmark and insights.
- Drive first party data strategy and identify opportunities to capture new data to enrich audiences.
- Analyse proactively web KPI performance and provide actionable recommendations to address specific pain points on site and optimize conversation rate
- Drive Media Tech & Data projects through close collaboration with global team, CRM team and marketing team and roll out in the region (eg: CDP…) to automate, streamline, and optimize eCommerce marketing efforts
Lead and oversee full year E-Commerce Campaigns Planning:
Guide local e-commerce managers on campaign & promotion planning, to provide guidelines and pro-active inputs: promo & offers, content and commerce mix.
- Ensure campaign/promotion plans are localized to market specificities and follow up on implementation of local digital strategy, leveraging global and regional digital toolkits and best practices
- Support local team in developing innovation promotions in line with the brand’s practices to grow sales and engagement on site.
- Make sure market’s campaign/ promotion plans can support business goal but meanwhile ensure market’s compliance of regional guidelines on promotionality and maintain brand premium image
Cross-functional collaboration: Collaborate with cross-functional teams such as digital, marketing, CRM to ensure alignment of eComm strategies with overall business goals.
Reporting and Analysis: generate regular reports on KPIs and provide insights to senior management. Use data-driven approaches to continually improve e-commerce performance.
Market Analysis: Stay informed about beauty market trends, competitor activities, and industry innovations and developments to make informed decisions and maintain a competitive edge.
Training and development: animate the eComm community in the region and provide relevant training to upskill the eComm talents as business evolves.
Create regional synergy: champion best practices and provide regular digital sharing and infusion for the organization in Singapore as well as all markets in the region.
Others responsibilities may be added to the above for the position Manager – E-Commerce APAC
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Management, Ecommerce, Marketing or equivalent
- 6-8 years experience in e-commerce (D2C/ platforms) / digital media industry, preferably from international FMCG/Retail
- Experience in managing E-commerce P&L and working on Brand website and e-retailer with tracked record of business growth
- Experience in leading acquisition/digital media team with strong paid media knowledge
- Experience in marketing (Brand, Trade, promo) is a plus
- Experience managing a team would be an advantage
- Have an entrepreneurial mindset with strong business acumen, with a strong consumer centricity and strong interest in understanding consumer insights and behaviour
- Strong knowledge of key eCommerce acquisition channels of SEM, Social & display, Video Ads, Remarketing, and familiar with major digital media platforms in APAC
- Strong knowledge of SEO and e-commerce landscape in Asia
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, including prioritizing and multi-tasking while paying close attention to detail
- Ability to work with multiple stakeholders across regions/ functions, is a strong communicator and collaborator
- Good communication skills in both written & spoken, able to communicate effectively with all business area experts
- Close to 70 years of expertise in beauty and spa, with the Clarins and myBlend brands
- Unique products and innovative services
- A commitment to Social & Environmental Responsibility embedded in our raison d'être
- A caring and inclusive corporate culture
- Development and training opportunities
- Attractive compensation and benefits
- A flexible work environment, with up to 2 days of remote working per week
If you have a curious mind, a thirst to go further and the drive to boldly take on new challenges, join us.
At Clarins Group, we believe in making life more beautiful for our employees and our customers. Inclusion and diversity are firmly grounded in our core values, which are part of our DNA. We strive to achieve inclusiveness and we foster an equal-opportunity culture where everyone can reach their full potential and do their best work. We welcome applications from all backgrounds.
To learn more about our group and our commitments to people and the planet, visit www.groupeclarins.com