Business Controller, Asia Pacific (Reporting & Analysis) 1
Business Controller, Asia Pacific
READY TO BRING PASSION INTO YOUR CAREER?
A global leading skincare and make-up company, Clarins group is the embodiment of a committed family history, with a fierce passion for innovation and spirit of independence. Its raison d’être is "making life more beautiful, passing on a more beautiful planet".
Operating in more than 150 countries, we are now the number one skincare company in Europe and are accelerating our development on all other continents, particularly in Asia and the Americas.
Because our 8,000 talents are unique, we are committed to promoting diversity in all its forms.
Do you want to help write the next chapter of our story? We’re looking for a Business Controller, Asia Pacific based in Singapore.
The Business Controller, Asia-Pacific is part of the APAC FP&A team supporting Singapore Regional Hub and our subsidiaries within APAC region (Australia & New Zealand, China, Hong Kong, Japan, Korea, Malaysia and Taiwan). This position is located in Singapore and will report to our APAC Financial Planning & Analysis Director (RFPAD).
The Business Controller, Asia Pacific is a key business partner, whose daily mission is to deliver added value to the regional organization through a rigorous controlling expertise angle and through a palette of studies. These studies are conducted to develop the business sustainably, give a clear vision of actual performance, identify the potential axis of improvements and accompany the decision makers with meaningful insights.
Anticipation, analysis, communication and support are the essential pillars that structure the position towards the various regional departments and APAC subsidiaries in total compliance with regional and Group Strategy.
As a regional pivot, they gather the relevant explanations on significant deviations versus Budget and prior year on a monthly basis, prepare meaningful and clear consolidated sum-ups and provide key commentaries to the regional management for decision making purposes. They also support the subsidiaries finance teams on controlling matters, ensuring the Group guidelines are correctly applied.
Acting as the interface between finance functions and business stakeholders, the Business Controller, Asia Pacific has four distinct roles as per below:
• Commentator: ability to explain the numbers, tell the business story in numbers, variance analysis, management report
• Business Partner: focus on value creation, act as business advisor and integrator, provide insight, challenge decision making process
• Scorekeeper : focus on book keeping, reconciliation, P&L management
• Custodian : focus on governance and compliance, value protection, conscience of the business
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
1) Review the Direct-to-customer (DTC) performance
- Focus on Direct to Customer markets (Ecommerce and Retail) with the publication of a monthly regional DTC report, highlighting the volume and value YTD countries and products Net invoicing performance.
- Maintain the financial regional Retail info database and monitor the new boutique process.
- Prepare dedicated quarterly Retail reporting for APAC region, including productivity by door study
- Consolidate the APAC Ecommerce and Retail monthly P&Ls and analyze the significant variations and discrepancies versus budget and re-estimates.
- Act as Finance Business Partner to Ecommerce and Retail regional teams in their specific KPIs follow up through reports issuance and consolidation of data.
- Act as key contact for HQ Controlling team in relation to all DTC matters
- Relay specific Group’s guidelines and requirements to countries and ensure their strict application
2) Drive the APAC region Financial Analysis – Topline Focus
- Prepare detailed consolidated monthly reporting and highlight the channels, activity and franchises – including main significant facts & evolution resulting from a deep-dive analysis.
- Provide detailed topline reporting to Regional business units on their respective perimeters including Regional Marketing, Supply Chain, Retail & E-commerce teams.
- Prepare the itemized net invoicing per SKU, per customer etc. and perform analysis in terms of trends and in terms of quantity/value evolutions and performance vs expectations, to assist management in decision making and improve budget/forecast accuracy
- Ad Hoc additional analyses are realized pro-actively to add relevancy to the comments and help regional/local decision making in corrective actions.
- Continuously assess the financial risks and opportunities identifiable through the various analyses and meetings held with the different stakeholders.
- Assist the RFPAD in the preparation of the financial presentations to the Board
3) Controller of the Intercompany P&L - Singapore based Hub
- Follow up on the intercompany transactions between the factory based in France and the APAC markets (Hub activity) in collaboration with the Supply Chain team
- Act as Finance Business Partner for Regional Supply Chain department and point of contact for Headquarter Logistics Controlling team, together with RFPAD
- Prepare the Budget/Re-estimate of the Hub itself and corresponding reporting to the Group, with regards to intercompany P&L, inventories and purchases from factory through alignment with Regional Supply Chain Director and in comparison with consolidated submissions from each of the APAC subsidiaries in terms of their forecasted sales and purchases
- Collaborate with Supply Chain Director on preparation and monitoring of inventory provision in alignment with Group policies
- Participate actively in monthly closing ensuring that necessary entries are documented and appropriately reported to Accounting, especially in relation to provisions and destructions/inventory variances
- Monitoring of intercompany P&L, purchases and inventories landing on a monthly basis vs budget/re-estimate and investigating any deviations, which are analysed and reported to the RFPAD.
- Analysing the stock equations of the regional hub and each of the APAC subsidiaries at each budget/re-estimate process and challenging assumptions to ensure hub purchases are complete and accurate and cost of goods assumptions have been accurately forecasted
4) Manage Singapore Hub Pricing Topics
- Price structure review and maintenance
- Price list and billing price implementation in commercial system
- Main contact for subsidiaries intercompany pricing, including missing price follow up for forecast valuation
- Key user for “REBOOT” new system implementation project related to pricing portion
Other responsibilities may be added to the above, which are consistent with the title Business Controller, Asia Pacific, including involvement in internal audit topics; finance IT projects or take additional projects to lead the change in our Clarins organization.
- A Degree in business related qualification (Accounting/Finance degree)
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in with sizable companies preferably in the beauty, retail or FMCG industry ideally in the APAC region. Previous experience in Audit is a plus.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel & PowerPoint
- Display a high degree of responsibility, integrity, attentive to details with an investigative nature
- Must demonstrate strong analytical skills and ability to make sense of large sets of data with accuracy.
- Capacity to lead projects with stakeholders from various expertise background and cultures
- Excellent communication skills with ability to explain financial concepts for non-financial collaborators
- Proactive, agile, committed and able to work independently
- Collaborative team member with strong interpersonal skills
- Time management efficiency and capable of prioritizing
- Close to 70 years of expertise in beauty and spa, with the Clarins and myBlend brands
- Unique products and innovative services
- A commitment to Social & Environmental Responsibility embedded in our raison d'être
- A caring and inclusive corporate culture
- Development and training opportunities
- Attractive compensation and benefits
- A flexible work environment, with up to 2 days of remote working per week
If you have a curious mind, a thirst to go further and the drive to boldly take on new challenges, join us.
At Clarins Group, we believe in making life more beautiful for our employees and our customers. Inclusion and diversity are firmly grounded in our core values, which are part of our DNA. We strive to achieve inclusiveness and we foster an equal-opportunity culture where everyone can reach their full potential and do their best work. We welcome applications from all backgrounds.
To learn more about our group and our commitments to people and the planet, visit www.groupeclarins.com.