People Business Partner
People Business Partner, London, Hybrid
Ready to bring passion into your career?
A global leading skincare and make-up company, Clarins Group is the embodiment of a committed family history, with a fierce passion for innovation and spirit of independence. Its raison d’être is "making life more beautiful, passing on a more beautiful planet".
Operating in more than 150 countries, we are now the number one skincare company in Europe and are accelerating our development on all other continents, particularly in Asia and the Americas.
Because our 8,000 talents are unique, we are committed to promoting diversity in all its forms.
Do you want to help write the next chapter of our story?
Responsible for providing generalist and specialist support and guidance key stakeholders with the aim of achieving commercially sound people solutions in- line with Clarins values, policies, legislation and the principles of natural justice. The role will also lead and support with broader People project work and employee relations caseload.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and organised individual who is passionate about delivering a great employee experience and wants to broaden their People exposure.
What you’ll do:
- Partner with an identified client group across Head Office, by building effective relationships with leaders and managers to support them in maximising the engagement and capability of their team
- Provide advice, coaching and feedback – challenging where needed – to ensure leaders consistently live Clarins Values – and bring them to life for their teams
- Provide advise and guidance to managers on effective communications with their teams – whether on an individual basis or when it comes to sharing key messages with their teams at all levels
- Participate in the continual development of HR programs, such as recruiting, retention, compensation, benefits, and Learning & Development.
- Develop people strategies and design approaches for diagnosing and enhancing organizational effectiveness and employee satisfaction.
- Lead core HR processes across products (performance calibration, compensation cycle, promotions).
- Analyse and interpret various types of employee reports (e.g., compensation, job levels, and attrition) to guide decision making and provide proactive solutions to their client group.
- Works in partnership with managers and employees to deliver high quality service to internal and external customers.
- Responsible for managing caseload for client base to include; advise on disciplinary, appeals, flexible work requests, consultations, under-performance management, probation reviews and grievance cases as required. Writes invite and outcome letters on behalf of client base.
- Coaches, support and challenges managers on a daily basis to ensure that their decisions are aligned to Clarins values, policies and the principles of natural justice.
- Supports Managers in handling long-term sickness absence cases, administers referrals to occupational health and works with managers to implement recommendations.
- Monitors compliance with all company procedures, policies and employment legislation.
- Ensures all caseload documentation and administration is completed.
- Provides impartial advice to employees on policy and procedures.
- Escalates high-risk cases to HOPC for support.
- Participates in weekly ER review and provides insight and view point to achieve best possible approach on cases.
- Builds strong working relationships with stakeholders. Keeps up to date on employment legislation and case law.
Learning and Development:
- Identify requirement for training and support the design and delivery of learning interventions for managers as required.
- Responsible for supporting HOPC and HRD with Disclosure Requests and data breach management.
- Responsible for logging all accidents reported from all areas of the business, escalating these to accident investigators to ensure action plans are completed, escalating to HOPC.
- Supports Managers with carrying out risk assessment for employees.
- Undertakes project work as requested by HOPC and in line with People agenda.
- CIPD qualified, Full or Part.
- Experienced in Advisory/HRBP role within a retail environment.
- Commercially minded and have a pragmatic approach.
- Passionate about building relationships at all levels within the business
- An excellent communicator with the ability to influence in decision-making.
- Computer literate, have good knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word & Excel are essential)
- Proactive, can work on your own initiative.
- Close to 70 years of expertise in beauty and spa, with the Clarins and myBlend brands
- Unique products and innovative services
- A commitment to Social & Environmental Responsibility embedded in our raison d'être
- A caring and inclusive corporate culture
- Development and training opportunities
- Attractive compensation and benefits
- Potential to earn up to 10% performance-based bonus
- LinkedIn Learning
- 28 Days including Bank Holidays
- Training Allocation
- Clarins For You - Rewards Gateway
- 50% off Staff Shop
- Access to a range of Wellbeing services through our Employee Assistance Programme
- A flexible work environment, with up to 2 days of remote working per week
If you have a curious mind, a thirst to go further and the drive to boldly take on new challenges, join us.
At Clarins Group, we believe in making life more beautiful for our employees and our customers. Inclusion and diversity are firmly grounded in our core values, which are part of our DNA. We strive to achieve inclusiveness and we foster an equal-opportunity culture where everyone can reach their full potential and do their best work. We welcome applications from all backgrounds.
To learn more about our group and our commitments to people and the planet, visit www.groupeclarins.com