Marketing Business Controller
Marketing Business Controller
Ready to bring passion into your career?
A global leading skincare and make-up company, Clarins Group is the embodiment of a committed family history, with a fierce passion for innovation and spirit of independence. Its raison d’être is "making life more beautiful, passing on a more beautiful planet".
Operating in more than 150 countries, we are now the number one skincare company in Europe and are accelerating our development on all other continents, particularly in Asia and the Americas.
Because our 8,000 talents are unique, we are committed to promoting diversity in all its forms.
Do you want to help write the next chapter of our story?
Reporting to the Head of Corporate Controlling and as part of the ongoing financial structuring of the Clarins Group, we are looking for a Marketing Business Controller dedicated to Marketing expenses for the Clarins Brand.
Clarins SAS Holding is divided into two areas:
- Corporate (Support and Operations/Purchasing functions)
- Clarins Brand (Marketing, Communication, Media, Product Development, etc.).
You will be in charge of Financial Controlling for the Clarins Brand.
You will lead all the Brand's budgetary processes (Budget, Revised):
- Building and monitoring the budgets of the various marketing departments in conjunction with the members of the Brand Management Committee;
- Analysing and optimising budget assumptions made by operational staff to ensure that they are consistent and reliable;
- Monitoring expenditure and warning of risks/opportunities compared with forecasts;
- Supporting, advising and challenging operational staff;
- Co-hosting the annual budget presentation to top management;
- Participating in drawing up the 3-year plan.
You will manage key financial processes:
- Managing monthly closings, analysing them and producing reports for operational staff and the Executive Committee:
- Calculation of Brand provisions
- Checking the consistency of the Brand's P&L in the ERP (Workday)
- Drawing up monthly reports for department managers and management;
- Drawing up monthly closing notes for Brand Management;
- Coordinating budget reporting schedules and distributing Group guidelines to the Brand Management Committee.
You will participate in the roll-out of the Group ERP within the Brand perimeter:
- Active participation in the roll-out of Workday (ERP) within Clarins SAS (Pilot entity) implemented since May 2022;
- Functional scope:
- P2P (non-stock purchases)
- Controlling (reporting)
- Support for operational staff during the transition phase from the old system to the new one;
- Proposing and disseminating good management practices identified by the jobholder from previous experience.
You will participate to Cross-functional optimisation projects
- Identify budget optimisation opportunities in certain clearly identified areas, in conjunction with the purchasing department and members of the Executive Committee;
- Improving the management of Rights of Use;
- Implement and ensure good controlling practices;
- Reviewing the projected profitability of Make-up launches;
- Participating in the introduction of new steering and decision-making tools (project dashboards, etc.) in a context of transformation;
- Ad hoc studie: studies of consultancy costs compared with projects to be carried out and changes in the wage bill, benchmarking of seminar costs, etc.
You are :
- Initiative driven
- Dynamic with a strong team spirit
- Curious and involved in marketing development projects
- Thorough and analytical
You have :
- 5 years of higher education (Masters in Finance / Business Controling or Business School)
- 4 to 5 years' experience in business controlling
- Sensitivity to information systems; knowledge of Workday and/or HFM would be a plus
- Good command of Excel and Powerpoint
- Good interpersonal and verbal skills
- Fluent in English
- 65 years of expertise in beauty and spa with the Clarins and My Blend brands
- Quality products and services
- A sincere and lasting commitment to CSR issues
- Opportunities for growth
- Training and development programmes
- Attractive salary and competitive benefits
If you have a curious mind, a thirst to go further and the drive to boldly take on new challenges, join us.
At Clarins Group, we believe in making life more beautiful for our employees and our customers. Inclusion and diversity are firmly grounded in our core values, which are part of our DNA. We strive to achieve inclusiveness and we foster an equal-opportunity culture where everyone can reach their full potential and do their best work. We welcome applications from all backgrounds.
To learn more about our group and our commitments to people and the planet, visit www.groupeclarins.com