Building Manager, London - 6 Months FTC
Ready to bring passion into your career?
A global leading skincare and make-up company, Clarins group is the embodiment of a committed family history, with a fierce passion for innovation and spirit of independence. Its raison d’être is "making life more beautiful, passing on a more beautiful planet".
Operating in more than 150 countries, we are now the number one skincare company in Europe* and are accelerating our development on all other continents, particularly in Asia and the Americas.
Because our 8,000 talents are unique, we are committed to promoting diversity in all its forms.
Do you want to help write the next chapter of our story?
This role would be responsible of the London Office security and the London Office H&S and personnel wealth fare. All printers & copiers maintenance, Head Offices cleaning, General London Office Maintenance. Including mechanical and electrical (M&E) Pre Planed Maintenance (PPM), as well as overseeing new contracts. Managing and developing the building and reception team to ensure the Department provides the very best level of service to all Clarins employees and Head Office environment, which enhances the company's image, and a workplace which is suitably comfortable. Initial H&S set up of all new Clarins stand-alone boutiques and the continual H&S of the boutique as well as the ongoing M&E PPM. Managing the building services Budget.
- Competitive compensation package
- 28 days annual leave (inclusive of bank holidays)
- Clarins For You - Our Reward Platform
- Generous employee discount and training allocation
- Potential to earn up to 10% performance based bonus
- Career Development opportunities
- Access to a range of Wellbeing services through our Employee Assistance Programme
- Confident in for implementing the company’s appraisal and briefing procedures on the Grow platform throughout the year.
- Responsible in carrying out 1:1 with the Building Services Team. Manage all performance management and identify development activities.
- Someone who can manage budget including the forecasting of each year’s budgeted requirements, and phasing of monthly spending.
- Compliant in managing The H&S of 10 Cavendish Place building with documented systems and procedures, clearly detailed and kept up-to-date within the ‘How To’ Book and Building Maintenance Procedures Check List.
- Accountable for cost control and management of all Services and supplies for which orders are placed. Check invoices, in line with the Clarins Group sustainable development objectives.
- Responsible for the initial set up of the General Health & safety set up of all new Clarins stand-alone Boutiques and there after the General Health & safety of the boutique
- 3 years of proven experience as a building manager or a similar role.
- Familiarity with relevant laws, regulations, and building codes.
- Experience in budget management.
- Excellent project management, negotiation, and persuasion skills.
- Good communication and customer service skills.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work with a team.
- Interpersonal and technological skills.
- Mathematical Skills.
- Experienced in the use of excel, word, & PowerPoint.
If you have a curious mind, a thirst to go further and the drive to boldly take on new challenges, join us.
At Clarins Group, we believe in making life more beautiful for our employees and our customers. Inclusion and diversity are firmly grounded in our core values, which are part of our DNA. Through our values, we strive to achieve inclusiveness and a culture where everyone has the opportunity to reach their full potential and do their best work. We welcome applications from all backgrounds.